www.HyperSmash.com

Monday, February 4, 2013

Playing Cowboys


I secretly, okay maybe not-so-secretly, can not wait until Harrison is old enough to play "make believe".  When Harrison was born I told Ashley that having a boy was great because now I actually have an excuse for all of the "childish" things that I want to do, but the truth is, they are childhood adventures and I am thrilled to be able to share them with Harrison.  Every little boy should spend their life as a cowboy, a pirate, a pilot, a soldier, and an explorer escaping the hot lava (DON'T TOUCH THE CARP...HOT LAVA!!!) and every parent should relish being invited into and included in this life of their child.  At this age Harrison and I only play rocket ship, which means I get a mean arm workout as I whip him through the space above my head.  He laughs and smiles and he does not know it but he is spending his first year as an astronaut, orbiting planet daddy.

I am sure we will have at least one daughter and when we do I will oblige her to have afternoon tea, after all, a cowboy never turns down a pretty lady.

How about you parents out there; what are some of your favorite games of make believe or pretend that you and your children love to play?

Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. Keep it civil. I reserve the right to delete comments if necessary, but I do not like to do that so do not harass other readers and all will be well.

Spam is not tolerated, nor are assholes.