www.HyperSmash.com

Thursday, August 6, 2009

As hunting season approaches...what will I do?

I love this time of the year. Football season starts very soon, the trees will begin to yield their colors to the cooler touch of Mother Nature, and hunting season is approaching. I love all of these things, but as I sit here I am coming to the realization that I do not know all of the necessary things that I need to know in order to go hunting. I am sure that I have been out with my father when I was young and he was hunting, but by the time I was old enough to legally hunt he had injured his shoulder and has not been out to hunt since. Now I am in a bind, while I of course know how to use the hunting rifle, I do not technically know how to hunt. At one time man was hardwired to know how to hunt. It was needed for survival of self and of family. Somewhere a long the line we lost the hardwiring and I suspect it has a lot to do with the advent of four dollar cups of coffee and burgers from fast food places that people actually believe to be "the best". Even if my ancestral instincts do kick in at some point and I can bring down a deer, I do not know how to field dress a deer, and there lies a critical problem.

So what does a man such as my self do in this type of situation? I could approach another guy and ask him to teach me, but unfortunately I do not know other men who hunt...I grew up in the city and while I love guns and the outdoors, many here do not.

I am not quite sure where to turn at this point. It is possible that I could figure it out as I go, or I could make so many mistakes that deer stay miles away from me for the rest of my life.

So now I am sending out a call to all of my readers (all dozen or so of you), do you have any ideas as to a solution for my dilemma? I would greatly appreciate any and all help that you could give.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. Keep it civil. I reserve the right to delete comments if necessary, but I do not like to do that so do not harass other readers and all will be well.

Spam is not tolerated, nor are assholes.