www.HyperSmash.com

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New Job---Day 1

Today was the first day at my new job. Now before I can officially work in a managerial capacity there are a number of hopes to jump through and a number of things that I must learn, in particular I must become familiar with all the workings of the kitchen as well as the front part of the restaurant. This is not a restaurant where you are served at your table, you place your order and it is essentially self serve once the order is filled. Today I began to learn how to cook roughly half of our product line as well as assemble the rest of the order from beginning to end. We had a pretty busy day today, with a really large lunch rush, and then what I referred to as a "late lunch rush" for those who come around 2.

So far the place is great, and the people are really nice as well. Today I worked with mostly guys in the kitchen, which was fine with me because they are all laid back and funny as hell. At some point however, I was left alone in the kitchen to fill orders myself. It was one of those things where we were not expecting many customers, and the rest of the staff was busy doing other things such as restocking and cleaning. I handled it fairly well, although the speed of service dropped a bit, after all I am the new guy, and I was trying to complete all of these orders on my own. The staff was impressed at how quickly I learned what needed to be known, and were glad I was jumping in to help complete orders.

All in all it has been a good day, a long and tiring day, but a good one none the less. It feels great to be working again and I don't mind being tired since I am tired because I have put in a day of work. Humans were made to work, to accomplish something, and I am glad that I am fulfilling that task at the moment.

Now I have to go to class until 8:45pm, and I am not looking forward to that. I certainly do not want to sit in lecture for 3 hours but that is what must be done.

Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. Keep it civil. I reserve the right to delete comments if necessary, but I do not like to do that so do not harass other readers and all will be well.

Spam is not tolerated, nor are assholes.