www.HyperSmash.com

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Here I am

After a long and much needed hiatus I am back to write regular posts once again. There are a few updates to give, and this post will not be incredibly long as I am tired and will begin to post longer posts shortly. So where shall we begin?

Let's start here:

I have begun my second semester in my pre-reqs to the Nursing program. This semester I am taking Anatomy and Physiology I as well as Spanish I. A&P I will be the death of me and the song comes to mind "what doesn't kill us will make us stronger, we're gonna last longer". IF I can make it through this course I will be certain that the rest of my nursing education will be fine. So far with this course I am on the verge of smoking....again, and it will only get harder. I am sure by the end of the course I will be a 3 pack-a-dayer coupled with a someone-please-caffeine motto.

Onto better news, the wedding is 3 months away and I am very excited. Almost all of the details have been ironed out and we are pretty much on cruise control, which is very relaxing. Our honeymoon will be held in the same place where we were engaged and we are looking forward to having a fantastic time.

Okay now onto the best news of it all, the day of my birthday I had a job interview, the day after my birthday I had the second interview for the job and I was offered the job on the spot....I accepted. Today I had my orientation and tomorrow I begin the first part of my training and in about 9 weeks my training will be complete. In short, I FINALLY HAVE A JOB!!!!! My job is in a managerial capacity and I am a shift supervisor/coordinator/manager. Hopefully in a few months I will be promoted to a better managerial position and thus into a higher paying salaried position. This is what I will say about the position, it is in the dining services field, which I have some experience in, and I am sure there will be a few blog posts about my work. Keeping that in mind I will NEVER post where I work, with whom I work with, the name of the place I work or anything else that can identify the organization. The reason is simple, if I should post something in a venting manner I do not want it to come back onto the company. This company has businesses and employee's worldwide and certain isolated events do not reflect on the company itself, nor would it reflect on my particular location. If someone should read this blog, I would never want them to think I am speaking about them, or this particular location. So yes, I am finally glad to be working again and I am excited to start my first real day of work tomorrow.

Now, onto some rather sad-ish news. Facebook.com has revised its Terms of Use Policy, in particular the section Submissions. The section reads as follows:
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information that you provide to Facebook ("Submissions"), are non-confidential and non-proprietary. Facebook will be entitled to the unrestricted use of any such Submission for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.

Emphasis is mine

Because of the section I have bolded, EFFECTIVELY IMMEDIATELY my blog posts will no longer import to facebook, including this post, until the terms of use changes. Facebook does have the right to make this their policy, and I have the right to now take action as a consumer. Anyone who has read my blog through facebook notes will no longer be able to do so. This is not a move I am happy about, as I believe that I was reaching a much wider audience using the facebook notes, however I am not going to give facebook unrestricted use of anything that I write.

So now I must be off to bed as I need to wake up early. Tomorrow you can expect more posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. Keep it civil. I reserve the right to delete comments if necessary, but I do not like to do that so do not harass other readers and all will be well.

Spam is not tolerated, nor are assholes.