www.HyperSmash.com

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sometimes I want to smack the living shit out of someone

Warning: The purpose of this post is for nothing more than to vent. There will probably be a lot of swearing not appropriate for the faint of heart. You have been warned.

I graduated in May with a BA in Psychology. 7 months I still do not have a job. It is certainly not for lack of trying. I have sent out countless resumes, and over the course of the past 7 months some of those resumes have gone to potential employers more than once, for various jobs with that particular employer. I have been on countless interviews, more than I would like to admit, and yet I still do not have a job. I can safely say that between my resumes and my interviews every soul in a 50 mile radius with the capability to hire has seen my resume or has met me in person for a job.

Yet as I sit here and write this I am still without work and without a prospect of an interview or job within the next few weeks. It is mentally and emotionally exhausting. The interesting part is that I was very active in College with different organizations and clubs, I had great grades, I was on the Dean's List, and had honor's in my major. I am well spoken, I write well, and I am good at research, as I have worked on a team to design and implement a research project that was presented at a national conference. I have gone on interviews in college and for the most landed every job I applied for without complaint. I have been instructed on how to interview well and I truly believe that I do indeed interview very well. With all of those thoughts in my head I have absolutely no idea why I am not being hired, and I also find it hard to believe that with all of the jobs I have been on that everyone else has been a better candidate than I have been. True some jobs I have been over qualified for, and potential employers have told me that. I did not however apply for any job I am under-qualified to perform, because why would I want to waste their time or mine?

But here is the part that pisses me off. A few weeks ago someone else I know did get a job, as a matter of fact quite a few people I know got a job but are they better candidates than me? NO. In every instance they have wasted their fucking lives, dropped out of school, are addicted to drugs, have rap sheets longer than every god damned politician in this country combined and truly have no people skills. Half of them could not read to save their asses, nor can they write in a sentence coherent enough for any sane person to read. For all intensive purposes they have fucked up at every turn and they are still getting by, and I have done everything up to this point to make myself successful and I am being passed over for drug addicted drop outs.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong, and if someone does please enlighten me. I am quite literally exhausted from looking for jobs, from going on interviews, from continuously being rejected from countless job opportunities. I am getting married in 5 months and I will need a job before that time, and if I do not have a job I am not sure what to do at that point.

Perhaps this is some type of punishment from a cranky universe, karma that has come back around and bit hard in my ass, a benevolent being who is writing a divine comedy out of my life a and this is the layer of hell where Satan is a dragon frozen in ice created by the wind of his own filthy wings, surrounded by the most vile offenders throughout human history.

I have no idea what is happening but I am tired.

Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. Keep it civil. I reserve the right to delete comments if necessary, but I do not like to do that so do not harass other readers and all will be well.

Spam is not tolerated, nor are assholes.