www.HyperSmash.com

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The "100 Things" meme---b/c all the cool kids are doing it

There is this "100 Things I've done" list that is going around. I have learned a lot about people and I have decided to do one myself. Warning, there could be scathing wit.

The meme going around. 100 things I've done. Things in bold are what I have done, or comments I have made.

1. Started your own blog.
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band. (Technically I conducted the band)
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland. (The one in California...it was a blast)
8. Climbed a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis. (Zoology class in high school.)
10. Sang a solo.
11. Bungee jumped. (not yet)
12. Visited Paris. (Perhaps someday, but I do not have plans for it)
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. (Teaching myself Calligraphy)
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning. (You do not want to strive to check this off)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train. (On the list of things to do with my best friend.)
21. Had a pillow fight. (If you think that a pillow can not hurt like hell than I invite you to have a house full of rowdy boys)
22. Hitch hiked. (Does it look like I want my head to end up in a bag?)
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a Marathon.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. (Some of my ancestors are PA Dutch so I live in the birthplace of my ancestors lol)
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. (Not yet, but hey I just got out of college)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo's David.
41. Sung karaoke.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant. (There was this elderly man, I was eating breakfast at my favorite local diner and I saw him eating jelly. I don't care who you are but I could not sit there while this man ate jelly and could afford nothing else. So I paid his bill, and when the diner told me he is a regular and the diner let's him eat free when they can afford too I paid for his meals for a week because it was the rest of the cash I had. The man never knew and I want to keep it that way, but hopefully he knows that somewhere someone cares.)
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. (Snorkeling in Puerto Rico)
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud. (I am a guy who was once a boy.....is this really a necessary question?)
54. Gone to a drive-in theater. (Yes, there is a really nice one near Shippensburg, PA)
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Got flowers for no reason. (Given flowers for no reason)
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma.
65. Gone sky diving. (Hope to one day)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar. (Love Sushi, and Sushi usually has Caviar on it)
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job. (Summer job, and the boss was an asshole, and technically I quit before I was fired.)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London.
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book. (Published some things, not a whole book though)
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem. (While I am sure the Holy Land is beautiful, shrapnel ripping you to pieces is not)
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible. (Went to Catholic Church all my life so I have heard the entire Bible many times over)
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury. (Not yet but I really want to sit on a jury)
91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.
100. Read an entire book in one day. (Multiple times actually, now I just wish I could do it with text books)

Ok folks so there you have it. 100 Things I have done, or not done. So grab it and do it yourself and share a little with us.

Anthony

1 comment:

Thanks for reading and commenting. Keep it civil. I reserve the right to delete comments if necessary, but I do not like to do that so do not harass other readers and all will be well.

Spam is not tolerated, nor are assholes.