www.HyperSmash.com

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A reponse to a commentor named seoutfromwithin

There is a person who visits my blog from time to time and we often do not see eye to eye. I am fine with that, I have no need for everyone to agree with what I post and I encourage dissenting opinions. However, a recent comment has prompted me to address the matter in a blog because the response is longer than I like to put in comments.

The person named seoutfromwithin, left the following comment in reponse to my blog post entitled Is Obama back pedaling on campaign promises already?
The comment is as follows:
You don't have the right to be complaining either. You basically threw your vote away on a senile codger who wasn't even running and doesn't belong in politics. You live in a battleground state, I think, and your vote was important. Too bad.


Before I respond I would like to clarify, my vote that she is talking about is the vote I cast for Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) for the President of the United States.

Here is my response:
Let's get a few things straight, I voted my conscience and nothing more or nothing less. I do not throw away votes, I vote deliberately and with a lot of thought. Voting for the lesser of two evils is no way to vote and I can sleep at night knowing that my vote went to the most qualified man in the political arena. The only other person I trusted was myself and I knew that I would not get nearly as many votes as he would.

You continuously bash Dr. Paul but never give reason, name call but never real facts. You say he should not be in politics yet since the 70's the people of Texas continue to re-elect him because he does his job in accordance with the Constitution, and apparently that is what the people in his district want. Let's be for real, he is one of the only politicians in America who represent what this Country was founded upon. Furthermore, he is more than likely the only politician who votes in accordance with the Constitution and therefore the law, thus making him the one who has never broken their oath of office or broken the law. The political arena is exactly where he needs to be, we need someone who will hold the rest of the politicians accountable and let the public know when their reps are not doing the job they are paid to do.

Yes my vote was important and it was cast as an important vote. You seem to prefer the disgusting show that the two party system puts on, while I on the other hand believe politics is about more than a Donkey and an Elephant. I believe that everyone should have a fair shot, without the media interfering with the political process.

As far as me having the right to complain, ma'am I can complain about whatever I please. However I would like to point out that the blog post in question was not a complaint, it was more of an "I-told-you-so" where I was pointing out that what I had said about Obama before the election is true up to this point. Let me be clear, Obama is a liar, I said it before and his actions prove it. You should be very careful not to confuse complaining with speaking the truth.

It is fine if you think that I should not be writing this, but that is why this is America and why I have the freedom to post whatever I please. My choice is to post the truth and if folks like yourself can not accept that than you are free to move to a country like China, where they censor the truth, or you are free to not visit this blog.

And please feel free to respond to this post. I will post it, or leave it in the comments, either way it will be here.

Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. Keep it civil. I reserve the right to delete comments if necessary, but I do not like to do that so do not harass other readers and all will be well.

Spam is not tolerated, nor are assholes.