www.HyperSmash.com

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Obama says he supports Gun Rights but his voting record says different

Something I learned growing up is that I can promise to do something, but it does not mean squat until I do it. Likewise, I can say that I will not do something, but it is whether or not I live up to that declaration that determines my character.

People around these parts keep telling me that Obama is not going to take my guns, that he says that my guns are safe, I even watched him attempt to reassure some of the hunters in my state that our hunting guns are safe and the guns in our homes are safe.

Perhaps as a young boy Obama did not learn that actions speak louder than words. His words are "your guns are safe with me in office" but his actions say "I'm taking your guns any way I can". what actions am I talking about? His voting record of course. Here are a few examples:

  • March 25, 2004 Illinois State Senate, S.B. 2165-Obama voted to allow the prosecution of citizens who use a firearm for self-defense in the home
Oh I get it my guns are safe in my home but I am not. My guns will stay but you will put me in prison.
  • July 29, 2005 S.397, vote 217-Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting
To my hunting friends....what promise did Obama make to you? That your rifles are safe? Well I guess he did not exactly lie, he just voted to ban the ammo you would use in those rifles
  • July 29, 2005 S.397, vote 219-Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to put the firearms industry out of business
Instead of directly attacking gun owners he will attack the industry so that we can not exercise our rights
Barack Obama, you have not pulled the wool over the eyes of those who are used to looking through gun smoke sir. We are an educated bunch, despite what you ivy league liberals may think.

Your voting record in juxtaposition to what you say on the campaign trail means one of two things, either you do not vote based on your beliefs, or you are a liar, and tell people one thing and then vote against those people.

Either way it stinks and us bitter gun and God clingers will remember that stench when we go to voting booth.

Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. Keep it civil. I reserve the right to delete comments if necessary, but I do not like to do that so do not harass other readers and all will be well.

Spam is not tolerated, nor are assholes.