www.HyperSmash.com

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"Fairness Doctrine"---equal content on my blog

I have been reading very briefly about this "Fairness Doctirne" that our ever so brilliant politician's are discussing right now. I was first alerted to it sometime ago and then it was brought to my attention again by David Codrea at "The War on Guns". I also read a newsreport this morning from Business and Media where the FCC Commissioner, Robert McDowell, discusses the Fairness Doctrine and in a surprising twist seems to be against it. Not what I would have expected out of the FCC, but it is good. The Fairness Doctrine will no doubt lead to the regulation of internet content, including what is said on the net by companies. Let me back up a second, for those of you that do not know what this doctrine is, it basically calls for equal time and space on television, radio, and websites for opposing views and opinions. This will lead to control of internet content. The most alarming part of this is what McDowell said about bloggers;
“Then, whoever is in charge of government is going to determine what is fair, under a so-called ‘Fairness Doctrine,’ which won’t be called that – it’ll be called something else,” McDowell said. “So, will Web sites, will bloggers have to give equal time or equal space on their Web site to opposing views rather than letting the marketplace of ideas determine that?”


Of Course this is absolutely ridiculous. Could you imagine if I put up opposing views on my blog? I suppose when I write about guns I would have to put my belief and than the crazy, completely ridiculous point of view of the Brady Campaign and those who hate my gun rights. I am sorry but I do not put ridiculousness on my blog, and that is saying something since I have posted a video with Paris Hilton, conclusion, those against my 2nd Amendment are more ridiculous than Paris Hilton. If John Q. Public wants a different view from what is expressed on my website than let them go find it. I do not force anyone to read this, if by chance you get here and do not like it, feel free to leave.

Hey let me tell you something, if the government thinks this is not going to be a grave violation of my 1st Amendment rights they are crazy. I warned a long time ago about the erosion of our rights and the many infringements that have been happening lately. Here is another warning...your 1st Amendment rights are now being attacked by the government with a proposed law.

Remember folks The People's Republic of China also regulates internet content, if this passes say hello to The People's Republic of America.


In Defense of Liberty,
Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. Keep it civil. I reserve the right to delete comments if necessary, but I do not like to do that so do not harass other readers and all will be well.

Spam is not tolerated, nor are assholes.