www.HyperSmash.com

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Some of life's most important things (to me, in no particular order)

There are a few things in life that a person finds important. These are the things that, without them, man would find it particularly difficult to get along in life. I believe they are the important things in order to laugh and enjoy life, to live and be successful, and to love to the best of your ability and in turn to be loved.

1. Family (and the friends lucky enough to be called family)

Friends gathered around table at a party


Okay so this is not my family or my friends but you get the idea. Family is important for all the obvious reasons, when all else fails they are there. You always have someone to turn to, and when you come home at the end of a bad day they are your counselor, your reality check, your shoulder. They will laugh at your jokes that are not funny, and they are honest with you. If you ever need an honest opinion ask your family, they tend to tell you how it is, and they know that they can because they are not judging, they are helping. Once you are married you have a different family obligation and your main duty is to your wife/husband and children. They are your world; no mater what else happens you have a duty to them. Family is indeed first and foremost.

2. Freedom and your Rights

Bill of Rights


This one is obvious. My rights are an absolute, they are non-negotiable and I will fight tooth and nail in order to defend them, not only for myself, but for you as well. I have vowed to always speak out against and take action on those entities that attempt to infringe on these rights. The Constitution lists (note it does not grant, rights can not be granted, they are already there) your rights and gives you some of the most important freedoms. You have the right to speak and publish information freely, you have the right to worship freely and securely, you have the right to assemble and to petition the government, you have the right to do this and much more and in order to protect those rights you also have the right to be armed. Millions have fought and died in order to secure these rights and it is up to you to make sure they are not infringed. If there is any doubt how much I am willing to defend these rights, remember who I am fighting for (see number 1 for a hint).

3. A Gun (and the 2nd Amendment)

Thinkstock Single Image Set


Perhaps one of the most important to me, right up there with family, is a gun. A gun allows me to do many things, all that help my family. A gun allows me to hunt so that I can provide food for my family. A gun allows me to protect my family from anyone else who wishes to harm them, in my home or outside of my home. A gun secures my rights (see number 2) and allows me to defend them. If you do not have a gun, get a gun, if you do not want a gun or you are not willing to get a gun, are you willing to give up your rights and have some violent creep come into your home, take everything you own, and brutalize your family?

4. A Dog

Girl's Best Friend


This is not my dog, but this is the dog that I want. A dog is important for many reasons. They can bring a sense of joy and companionship. They are loyal to you as long as you treat them well. All they ask for is food, water, shelter and some love. In return they will be loyal to you, your family and no one else. They will protect you even it means they are harmed in the process. I love bloodhounds. They can hunt with me and I know they are loyal and do what they can to protect my family. Anyone who has ever heard a hound howl knows that it will wake you up out of the dead of night and a good hound will howl at anyone who is not that dogs family. So while I love these dogs for hunting I also love them because they will notify me before an intruder kicks in my door giving me time to grab Number 3.


Well that is all for now and this is not a complete list but it is a good list for me. I have family, friends, my rights, a gun and a dog. What else do I need at this point? Well I did not mention food or a home but those go without saying. Have a good day all.

Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. Keep it civil. I reserve the right to delete comments if necessary, but I do not like to do that so do not harass other readers and all will be well.

Spam is not tolerated, nor are assholes.