www.HyperSmash.com

Monday, March 24, 2008

A Healthy lifestyle change

I have been thinking for quite some time now that I in fact need to drop some pounds, a lot of pounds. There are many reasons why; I am getting married in a year and I want to look good, I want to be able to play with my future children, I want to be able to walk into a store and buy clothes off the shelf (some stores I can) and I want to be healthier in general. I have been thinking about this for a while and have always said that " I will start it tomorrow" and tomorrow came and tomorrow went and the change never happened. Today, two very good friends, whom I love very much, have also decided to undertake this healthy lifestyle change and urged me to do the same and thus with a support base established tonight at midnight it will begin. We went to the store and bought some fruits and vegetables to snack on when we get hungry instead of grabbing chips or candy or ordering pizza. I am hoping that today starts something great for me, something that will change me and allow me to be a healthier person for myself and for the future people that will be in my life. Yes this change will be hard, food is in fact an addiction, the way drugs take over centers in the brain to give satisfaction and to comfort, food can do the same thing. The brain sometimes tricks you into thinking you are hungry when really you could be thirsty, or you could be looking for some other form of satisfaction that comes across as wanting food. Indeed the same pleasure sensors that give you satisfaction with being with a loved one or doing other things that are satisfying are the same sensors that are satisfied when you have food and sometimes you can not tell the difference. With a change such as this, cutting out a lot of carbs and sweets and food that is generally not very good for me, my body will undoubtedly make me think that I am incredibly hungry or starving; that is something that I will have to counteract. So this begins my journey. I am hoping that I can blog everyday about this journey. I will be buying a scale soon and I will weigh in once a week and give a result. I will try to chronicle what I am eating and how I feel from a day to day basis. I will try to be as faithful to this as possible so that it can help me but maybe also give hope to other people.

So here we go. This should be interesting because I am already hungry lol


May all be well,
Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. Keep it civil. I reserve the right to delete comments if necessary, but I do not like to do that so do not harass other readers and all will be well.

Spam is not tolerated, nor are assholes.